This past Sunday morning, I checked my email and in my inbox sat a message notifying me that Stella over at The Witchy Kitchen has left a comment on one of my posts. So I checked her comment and to my pleasant surprise, were 3 badges/awards that were waiting for me.
It's either Stella ran out of choices to pass these awards to or she's just simply one misguided witch. ;-) Either way, a big thank you for your generosity in sharing these awards.
The first award from Stella. Beautiful Blogger?! Thank God she couldn't see me! 'Cos Stella, honey, if you saw me you'd take this back. When I read the comment that you left on my post that you were giving me these awards, my tangled hair was all over the place and I looked like Medusa's long lost twin sister! So I'm going to assume that this probably means Beautiful (on the inside) Blogger Award.
And the second one.
This is my second time to be granted the Honest Scrap award, the first one being from Anamaris at Chef It Yourself. This badge/award is given to a blog by a fellow blogger that he/she finds brilliant in content or design.
So, 10 more honest things about me...
1. I still don't have a Facebook account.
2. I've been carjacked at gunpoint by 4 men when I was 26 years old. That was my 2nd year here in the Philippines. I didn't drive a car for a whole year after that event.
3. I still can't figure out which was more traumatizing, being robbed by 4 men who used military rifles on me or dealing with the Philippine police. The police handling my case crossed the line by asking me out on a date and tried to extort money from me. I can probably write a 50-page essay on why I hate the Philippine police.
4. I've had a crush on Matt Lauer since I was 17 years old. For non-Americans, Matt Lauer is a TV journalist who co-hosts this popular show called The Today Show. Receding hairline and all, I still think he's hot! Talk about a crush that has outlasted most relationships!
5. Unfunny people are funnier than Ellen Degeneres. No offense if you're a fan of hers.
6. I've been in 2 car accidents. One when I was 19 and the other when I was 28. I was rear-ended both times. Sometimes I think I truly have 9 lives considering these 2 accidents and the car jacking event.
7. I miss my mom's cooking.
8. I read books that would never make Oprah's Book Club.
9. I'm not a serial lover, just a cereal lover. There is a difference between the two. And it's not just between the 'C' and the 'S.'
10. I'd eat more sweets and pastries if they inflated my chest instead of my tummy, thighs and hips. Yes, in my case, it works in that order! (Stella, I can hear that high-pitched witch's laugh of yours over here.)